Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mediterraneo

37 Kensington Park Rd
London W11 2EU

A bit pricier of an Italian restaurant then I would have chosen, but we ate dinner for Jess's birthday. The place was very busy and a bit on the loud side, but not so loud as you can't hear your neighbor across the way. I ordered an appetizer to share - a carpacio, just because I'm a sucked for carpacio and I'm alwayds looking for a really good rendition. The carpacio arrived covered in salad and cheese bits. The presentation was ok, but I felt it took from the actual meat but piling on the lettuce. As for the carpacio itself, it was bland and not marinated for long enough for the proper flavor. A bit disappointing. For my main course, I ordered one of the pastas from the specials list. I can't recall which pasta it was, but I do recall being very happy with my pasta. I think the company also made the night a very nice experience. I'd go back, but only for a special occasion and this time I'd forgo the appetizer and maybe try a dessert instead.

No comments: