Saturday, June 21, 2008

Gourmet Burger Kitchen

44/46 The Brunswick Centre
London WC1N 1AE

England isn't really known for their burgers, which is to be expected cause it's well England. Everyone I've talked to have loved Gourmet Burger - tauting it as the best burger joint. On Friday, Jen, Kathryn and I went to Gourmet Burger over near Russell Square for lunch. I decided to get the traditional cheese burger to compare it to my favorite burger (Elephant and Castle's Union Jack Beef Burger - orgasmically good). I did order a side of chunky chips (fries) which were nicely fried but needed more salt. The burger itself was huge. I had to keep the stick in and eat it with a knife and fork (a first but mostly everyone in the restaurant were using utensils). While I was really stuffed after lunch (with a slight food coma for an hour after - not the best when returning to work), the burger was ok. For my first $15 burger and fries (damn exchange rate) I was expecting, well more. The burger was a little dry and the 'relish' (which taste more like salsa) they put on was too sweet. I would recommend skipping the English burger experience and getting Indian.

No comments: