Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wasabi

58 Oxford St
London, W1D 1BH

This specific Wasabi's location didn't have any seating and is on Oxford St near Tottenham Court Road so it was super busy when we went.Well, there's sushi and you can get a pseudo-Chinese food box. I'm generally very wary of restaurants that combine Japanese and Chinese cuisine (cause hello, oh so different). I stuck to the sushi and Jen went for the more Chinese cuisine - she seemed to enjoy her meal.
Wasabi is a very interesting concept for Japanese food. You basically grab a little tray and put the sushi you want. All of the sushi were wrapped in pairs and generally were between 1-2 pounds for two wrapped rolls (so generally 4 rolls total). I went with the basic California roll, shrimp maki, tuna roll and a few other rolls that looked appetizing. Overall, not the best sushi I've eaten (and the fact you had to pay for soy sauce kinda irked me) and I more then likely won't return unless I'm desperate for some sushi. I

No comments: