Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wagamama

4 Streatham St.
London, WC1A 1JB

For an Asian restaurant in London, Wagamama's is not to bad. When Kathryn mentioned having the soba yaki - I was expecting actual soba noodles in soup a la Mifune in San Francisco. Apparently yaki means pan fried - or something along those lines - and her dish was a pile of soba noodles with chicken, shrimp and some veggies. It tasted a bit to salty for my liking and I'm glad I went with another dish.
I had the chicken katsu curry. The dish was very yummy and I was full after eating, but it wasn't an especially great curry. Just normal. I would have gone with the big bowl of soup, but the soup noodles were only ramen and I'm more preferential to udon noodles.
Overall, I'm glad I experienced the resturant in Bloomsbury then any other location as it was undergrand and more set up in a manner similar to the original Wagamama's opened in 1992. And the meal was fulling, but I doubt I'd return as the price was a little steeper (granted I'm still converting pounds to dollars in my head).

No comments: