Saturday, February 28, 2009

Wasabi Sushi

908 17th St NW
Washington, DC

Kathryn and I went on a mini-celebratory dinner on Friday for sushi (that once I knew we were going for sushi could not stop thinking about). One the advice of a co-worker (and the fact I knew I'd be going near an atm) headed over the Farragut Square and try out Wasabi Sushi. It was 'eh'. It had a conveyor belt style service but you could also order sides, a few noodle dishes and a few hot dishes. Though I didn't know at the time, it would have been cheaper to get the 6 plates for $20 bucks option - I ended up with 7 plates. I was really looking forward to some nigiri and had the salmon and tuna. Like I said, just ok. The cucumber avocado roll was to hard - the cucumber was so not in season. The seaweed salad was not that great at all. I had a few other sushi pieces but nothing remarkable enough to remember what they were.

No comments: